Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jaadagam Therapist

My mother is frustrated with the way things are going. She has seen over 200 profiles and her darling daughter hasn't said a yes to any of them. Somehow my mother seems to think that she is the victim here but I beg to differ. I have been looking and declining profiles of men all this while and that is not exactly my idea of a hobby. At least if I were into HR, I would have been honing skills that I need at work.

I fail to understand why God has so perfectly crafted the jaadagams of the eligible guys to not match mine. In fact, my dad's astrologer has stopped rejecting guys on the basis of their horoscope. he asks my dad a few basic questions first like what is the guy doing, his education, his passions, what he likes and what he does not like. Then he asks for the photograph. If everything matches my preferences, he just doesn't bother matching the horoscope. I declines it right there.

I thought I was just being to cynical when I thought God was playing games with me. I mean, I am smart, I look good, I have a job that I love, I know my passion, I am very strong emotionally, I have a strong support in my family and friends, I have to be God's special person. And besides, I am a student of Vedanta, so there really is hardly any reason for Gods to be pissed off.

But, just yesterday,I got a dose of reality. My horoscope actually matched with the perfect guy. Good looking and smart and talented and well educated. Needless to say, I couldnt believe it. I was excited that things were looking up. But, just then my dad decided to cross check the horoscope before he could get in touch with his family. Guess what, teh planetery positions in the 'correct' version of teh horoscope were different from what my father had downloaded. This new version is exactly what is the most inappropriate match for me.

It's so surprising how the horoscopes that match mine have owners who don't have anything in common with me. Those guys are exactly what I do not want in my partner. Someone who is completely devoid of talent and yes, someone who looks the exact opposite of Dylan McDermott.

I don't understand why my horoscope has such a low self esteem. It's like she just feels she's not worth the good looking and talented guys. If my horoscope was approached by some hot guy, I think she would pee right there. If my horoscope went to a single's bar, she would head straight toward the rejected group. I think my horoscope feels comfortable, only when she is in the company of the mami's who talk about how their son's can take on Einstein without a minute of preparation, and what's worse is she falls only for that variety.

I just don't get it. You look at her she has a bright future written all over her, she has talent written so clearly on her, and somehow, she never seems to acknowledge that. If there are any good jaadagam therapists out there, I need one desperately!

1 comment:

Sunil Natraj said...

Well, the post is good. But methinks that Mr. Right, should arrive the Right time. Possibly thats what kept the planets in the wrong places.
So chill woman. And all the best.